Creating a website that represents your business at its best cannot be successful without you. Here are some things you can do to help me help you, so the web design process can be a rewarding and hassle free experience.
By paying the 50% deposit to Neondragonfly Web Design, you (the client) confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below:
- The Client: The business or individual requesting the services of Neondragonfly Web Design ("you", "your").
- Neondragonfly Web Design: Primary Developer/site owner ("I", "me", or "my").
FEES & DEPOSITS
- A non-refundable 50% deposit is required before the commencement of any work.
- The remaining balance is to be paid upon completion of your website. i.e you have approved the design and it is ready to be uploaded.
- Payments can be made by cash or direct bank deposit.
- All invoices are to be payed within 7 days of the invoiced date.
OPTING OUT AND BASIS FOR CANCELLATION
- If you wish to part ways with Neondragonfly Web Design that is perfectly ok, but please be aware that the following conditions apply:
- If the client wants to opt out early for any reason, the client forfeits the 50% deposit. However if the client opts out before the end of the cooling of period which is 5 days after I have received the deposit then the 50% deposit will be fully refunded.
- If the client fails to provide Neondragonfly Web Design with their website content including text, graphics, images and maintain reasonable contact within 21 days of paying their deposit Neondragonfly reserves the right to discontinue service and the 50% deposit will be forfeited, unless an extension of the deadline is granted.
- If after 3 rounds of corrections by Neondragonfly Web Design, the client finds the deliverables are not acceptable, Client may terminate this agreement subject to the cancellation clauses listed in this Agreement. If Client fails to provide approval or feedback during any approval period, those Deliverables will be considered approved and accepted. All corrections and changes shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- This agreement may be terminated by the mutual agreement of Neondragonfly Web Design and the client.
- Client needs to provide digital assets such as logos, graphics, images etc. In some cases I will be able to source free for commercial use images for you.
- The rights to photographs, graphics and any third party items such as source code, always remain the property of their respective owners.
WEBHOSTING & DOMAIN GUIDELINES
- Neondragonfly Web Design does not provide a webhosting or domain registration as a service, but can certainly assist in setting up suitable webhosting and help with domain registration with a suitable hosting provider.
- For website development, website re-designs or existing site maintenance, the client needs to provide their hosting account login credentials also called FTP access or Cpanel access.
- Make sure that you use your ABN to register your domain name and not someone else's. This will ensure that you own your domain name and avoids complications. It is the clients responsibility to keep their domain records up to date and to renew webhosting.
- Neondragonfly Web Design will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the unavailability of your website due to web hosting downtime, server misconfiguration, server errors, software or client alterations or any third party involvement.
PROJECT DELAYS & CLIENT LIABILITY
- Neondragonfly Web Design works with momentum and will provide a swift service, but the client needs to provide timely turnaround of feedback, website content, images, and do their best to maintain regular contact - failing to do any of these things within a period of no more than 21 days from the date of engaging my services can result in automatic cancellation of my services whereby the 50% deposit will be forfeited. In certain cases I can extend deadlines where prior arrangement has been made.
- I can not be of assistance to clients that repeatedly delay submitting feedback or site content - this hinders the design process and results in cash flow problems.
- The written content is ultimately your responsibility. I will help organize your content... optimize your content... and in many cases improve your content. It is going to require some work on your end to create useful, quality content on your website. Please see blog post on guidelines for writing text content.
- Neondragonfly Web Design will NOT be liable for any damages or loss experienced by the client because of the web design, content management system or the involvement of any third party including unauthorised access to the clients website.
- If Neondragonfly Web Design is required to correct any errors resulting from such alterations, the client will be charged the current hourly rate.
FAIR USE POLICY
- If I feel that a client is using my web design or support services excessively, Neondragonfly Web Design reserves the right to apply additional project charges if they are relevant, limit services or cease development of your website.
- To help with the flow of your website build please specify all edits in a single email per round of changes, you a permitted up to 3 rounds of changes to the design and layout of the site.
- Neondragonfly Web Design provides website development for smaller websites that require no more than 10 web pages, is less than 600 words per page and excludes complex membership systems and eCommerce.
- I will submit your website to Google for indexing, however this is no guarantee that your site will be included.
- I do not guarantee any specific position in search engine results for your website. I perform basic search engine optimisation according to current best practice.
WEBSITE MAINTENANCE & BACKUPS
- Neondragonfly Web Design does not use or support Wordpress or port content from it to any other CMS or vice versa.
- Website maintenance is charged at the current hourly rate and applies to extra design features not included in my website package, extra functionality, other special requests or minor updates to websites not developed by me.
- It is the clients responsibility to keep a backup of website content. While the Content Management System allows for pages to be backed up to your computers hard drive it is not 100% fail safe, so it is in the clients best interest to maintain hard copies of all text content.
- I agree that I will not at any time disclose any of your confidential information to any third party.